- B.M. in Music Performance, Cal State University Long Beach, Minor in Marketing
- 2009 Who’s Who at CSULB
- M.A. in Music, Queen’s University Belfast (graduated with Distinction) with additional certifications in French, German and Italian
- Research on Music in Irish Mythology referenced in Traditional Music and Irish Society: Historical Perspectives (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series) by Martin Dowling (credit in Bibliography)
- Translation of “The Fire Planet” by Christophe Beaumont from French to English
- High School Ambition – regular contributor for several years
- Flute Talk – “Doubling” – published 2005
Teen Jazz and Teen Jazz Radio
Shannon hosts, designs, maintains and regularly contributes to Teen Jazz, a website and community for up and coming musicians. The site features interview with aspiring performers, music reviews, and music business advice articles. Teen Jazz Radio is the site’s podcast where Shannon features the music of Teen Jazz Artists and answers reader questions.
As part of Teen Jazz, Shannon has published the following eBooks:
- Advice for Young Musicians from Established Music Professionals
- The Album Checklist
- 30 Days to a Better Music Brand
In 2004, Shannon and her father Dave Kennedy founded Kenkase Reed Cases and Music Accessories, a saxophone reed case and guitar pick case company. Kenkase creates handcrafted, wood reed cases and guitar pick cases with a variety of customizable options.